Herb Roasted Rainbow Carrots
2 pound Rainbow Carrots (red, orange, yellow, and purple)
3 Tablespoons olive oil
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
2 teaspoon chopped garlic
2 Tablespoon chopped flat Italian parsley
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Wash and peel carrots and either remove or trim tops to 1 inch depending on preference. If some carrots are thicker, cut them in halves of fourths lengthwise so they are of uniform size and cook evenly.
- Toss carrots with the extra-virgin olive oil, cumin, garlic, salt and pepper so they are evenly coated. Spread the carrots on a sheet pan large enough to hold them in a single layer.
- Roast in the oven stirring every 10 minutes for 20-30 minutes, or until the carrots are tender and caramelized around the edges.
- Toss with the chopped parsley and serve on a platter with some addition olive oil drizzled over the top if desired.
NOTE: These carrots go great with the Hummus recipe included as well as grilled meats, fish and chicken. Also try with other vegetables like fennel and parsnips. Enjoy!! Good Food is an Adventure!